- Near term resource potential
- Open zone for drill testing along strike of the historic Mattabi Mine
- Potentially a down-plunge extension of the high-grade F Zone Deposit
- Several hundred metres of open potential for strike extent and remains open down-dip, with drilling intercepts from the most recent drilling campaigns including:*
- 10.6m @ 16.5% Zn & 142g/t Ag
- 34m @ 3.98% Zn incl. 9m @ 8.74% Zn
- 5m @ 2.9% Cu
- 7m @ 4.18% Zn
- 17.9m @ 2.3% Zn & 0.31% Cu, incl. 3m @ 7.5% Zn
*Source : Geology Ontario - Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines
Limited previous drilling at the western extent of the Mattabi trend, but boasts one of the more recent and advanced aerial geophysical surveys. Small 2010 HTEM geophysical survey identified 3 distinct priority targets for follow up (geophysical and/or diamond drilling).
Group 51 Area
Wide spaced historical drilling with strong down-hole EM anomalies in early stage drilling, not followed up. Space between historical drilling exceeds that required for a Mattabi Deposit size.
Group 15 Area
MegaTEM airborne survey (following previous exploration results by Rio Algom) identified 2 substantial EM anomalies.**
Shallow diamond drilling returned better intercepts including:
- 0.33m @ 6.35% Zn & 1.03% Cu from 100m and
- 0.3m @ 2.36% Zn & 0.34% Cu from 154m drill depth
Down-hole EM within the target zone identified two off-hole anomalies proximal to mineralization that remain un-resolved in the historical drilling. The target has volume potential for a significant mineralized zone, and could represent potential for short-term success leading to new resources.
Santa Maria Zone
Claim blocks held by Odin Metals proximal to the boundary with Glencore hosts previous drilling by Falconbridge returning:
- 4.25m @ 2.62% Cu (Incl. 1.85g/t Au and 26.1g/t Ag) (Refer to ASX release dated 7 February 2018)
**Source : Geology Ontario - Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines